525

Researcher: 
Mitchell
Treaty Name and Text
Agreement Name: 
Agreement Between The Government Of The Ivory Coast And The Government Of Senegal In The Field Of Marine Fisheries
Possible Sources (additional): 
LEX-FAOC024534; bi-24534.pdf; Photocopy, 3 pp.
Signature/Entry into Force/Termination
Date IEA was signed: 
1977-01-26
Signature Year: 
1977
Date IEA entered into force: 
1977-01-26
Treaty Type
Membership eligibility (multilateral, bilateral, etc): 
Agreement Type Level 3: 
E (environment) Code (agreement is environmental or not): 
Environmental
Source for E (environmental) code: 
Title
Text used for E (environmental) coding: 
Agreement Between The Government Of The Ivory Coast And The Government Of Senegal In The Field Of Marine Fisheries
Specific words used to code agreement as E (environmental): 
fish/marine/marine fisheries
Lineage
Lineage: 
Not Yet Assigned
Sequence in lineage: 
100.000
Secretariat and auspices
Secretariat: 
Legacy
Hidden fields
Version: 
2007.10
Inclusion Auto-Generated: 
BEA - Bilateral Environmental Agreements
Subject: 
Species/Fauna/Fish/Ocean
Category: 
ENV/FISH
Deletable
Treaty Text (legacy)
Data entry notes: 
This Agreement provides for the granting of fishing rights by Senegal to vessels of the Ivory Coast and the authorisation by the Ivory coast of Senegalese fishery products on the market of Ivory coast, and for matters related to such granting of licences or sale of fishery products. Licences shall be granted to vessels of the Ivory coast that are not larger than 1500 gross registered tons in waters under Senegal jurisdiction . A special authorisation shall be granted to one vessel which shall be based at Dakar and which shall deep-freeze 70 percent of the catch of vessels of the Ivory Coast authorized to fish in waters under Senegal jurisdiction. The remaining 30 percent shall be deep-frozen in on-shore in Senegal. Importation of Senegalese products shall not be subject to any quantitative restriction. Fishing vessels having the nationality of one State shall enjoy in the ports of the other State the same treatmen t as the vessels of that State. An ad hoc committee shall be set up for the purpose of determining the number of permits.; FAO Descriptors: 110; 105; 055; 003
Member Code: 
CIV,SEN,
Members: 
Senegal,Cote D'ivoire,
OrigMEAgrees: 
0