Amendments to the Schedule to the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling of 2 December 1946
Source: AUSTRALIAN TREATY SERIES 1987 No. 33 (electronic)
The amendments read as follows (changes italicised):
1. Replace the text of sub-paragraph 13(b)(1)(i) by the following:
"For the year 1987, 32 whales may be struck. For the year 1988, 35 whales may be struck."
2. Amend the date in sub-paragraph 13(b)(2) to 1988.
3. Amend Table 1 to reflect the aboriginal catch limit of 110 for the West Greenland stock of minke whales, with a footnote "Available to be taken by aborigines pursuant to paragraph 13(b)(3)."
4. Add a new sub-paragraph 13(b)(4) to read as follows:
"For the seasons 1987/88 to 1989/90 the taking of 32 humpback whales each season is permitted by Bequians of St Vincent and the Grenadines, but only when the meat and products of such whales are to be used exclusively for local cosumption in St Vincent and the Grenadines."
Footnote 2 reads: "Each year this figure will be reviewed and if necessary amended on the basis of the advice of the Scientific Committee."
5. Revise paragraphs 11 and 12, and Tables 1, 2 and 3, by substitution of the dates 1987/88 pelagic season, 1988 coastal season, 1988 season, or 1988 as appropriate.