Membership status is coded as follows:
- Countries included are those that have signed and/or ratified the agreement in question. This means that countries that have signed but failed to ratify an agreement will appear in the table but with a status of "0" in all years, since the agreement would only enter into force for them if/once they ratify.
- Where the membership data source provides it, membership status is based on the year of entry into force.
- Where the membership data source does not provide entry into force data, membership is inferred from the year of a country's ratification, so long as that year occurs after the entry into force year of the agreement.
- Because status reflects entry into force, status is "0" for ALL countries from the date of signature of the agreement until the date the agreement enters into force generally.
- NB: Membership status can return to 0 from 1 if a country withdraws from an agreement (and they may, subsequently, become a member again).
- For membership actions by Action, Country, Year, Month, Day click on action tab above.
- For year-by-year status data (countries as rows, years as columns), click on wide tab above.
- For year-by-year status data in Stata format (3 columns: Country, Year, Membership Status), click on long tab above.